Well Servicing - Rig Hand (for Veteran Job Board)
- Performing services on oil and gas wells as part of a crew of a well service rig
- Assisting in rigging up and rigging down
- Pulling/laying down rods, tubing and casing
- Driving a crew truck when necessary
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Performs general maintenance of draw works
- Loads and off-loads pipe and assists in rig movement
- Checks pull lines, shackles and cable clamps to verify condition
- Checks dies in slips and tongs and all safety and riding belts to verify condition
- Responds to emergency situations including hydrogen sulfide detection and major mechanical or structural failures
- Trips pipe - uses slips, tongs and elevators
- Knowledge of types of pipe
- Latch and unlatch tubing and rods
- Wrench rods
- Knowledge of how pumping units run
- Prepare and set up rig for work-over
- Knowledge of thread types, tubing sizes and rod sizes
- Knowledge of working derricks and drill floor
- Diagnose well problems
- Cut and thread pipe
- Perform service maintenance on rigs
- CPR & First Aid
- Fall Protection
- High School Diploma
- Experience preferred
Product Line Overview:
SOS Well Services, LLC product line includes completion rigs, production workover rigs, swabbing rigs, pumping and pipeline repair services, roustabout services and trucking services. Our full service product line allows us to manage cost and reduce risk while maximizing productivity and safety for our customers.
SOS Well Services is committed to excellence. At the heart of that commitment is a team of dedicated, knowledgeable and highly-skilled professionals and senior managers. Individuals who live by one rule — get the job done right. However success in this industry doesn't come easy. That's why our formula for success has been tried and tested and has served our clients profitably.
We offer a competitive salary, base plus incentive as well as Major Medical and Dental (with co-pay), 401k with company match 4% and PTO based on company policy.
Candidates who are interested in this opportunity, have the experience and skills necessary to be successful in this position, please upload a copy of your resume and references with your completed career form.
Only candidates with the experience and skills necessary will be contacted for further consideration.