Your use of the Website and its features constitutes your acceptance of the Policy. If you do not accept, please do not continue using this Website.
How we collect your information
This section of the Policy describes how we collect your information via this Website and via third-party service providers.
We collect information that helps us communicate with you, and to better serve you. We also collect information that is relevant to the operation of our Website.
When you visit our Website, we collect information about your device (i.e., your computer or your mobile phone), including identification of your web browser, IP address, and specific cookies installed on your device. Furthermore, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the pages you view, which websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website. Altogether, this device information is collected automatically and does not include information like your name or email address.
We collect device information using the following means:
- Server log files track request/response activity with respect to the Website, and collect data such as your IP address, browser type, referring pages, and date-time stamps. These log files are stored on the server that hosts the Website, and that server is located in the United States.
- Cookies are data files that are placed on your device and may include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, including how to disable them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Google Analytics is used to track how you arrived on the Website and how you interact with the Website. To find out more about Google Analytics, visit www.google.com/analytics for information. For more information about collection and use of data in measurement and ad targeting, as well as how you may opt out, see the WebChoices tool (US) or Your Online Choices guide (EU).
Additionally, we collect personally identifiable contact information, as follows:
- Inquiry forms (e.g., "Contact Us" page, "Careers" page) ask you to supply your name, email address, and information about your inquiry. The contents of your form submission are transmitted to SOS Well Services via email so we may follow up with you.
- Email you send us directly will share your name, address, phone number, and/or other information you may include (e.g., in a signature closing).
- We use a number of third-party hardware and software-as-a-service ("SaaS") vendors in the daily operation of our business, to serve our clients, and to communicate and collaborate with one another. As applicable, we will collect and store contact information in the course of using that software.
How we use your information
We use the contact information we collect in the day-to-day operation of our business. For example, this may be to communicate about work at a job site or to process a job application.
Your contact information may be shared among staff and with vendors (SaaS and otherwise) in our service to you, the use of which will be held to the same commitment to excellence.
In the event we receive a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for contact and/or device information we have collected, we will comply and share the requested information with the requesting party. Aforementioned SaaS providers may do the same, according to their own policies and terms.
How you can request review, correction, or deletion
Whatever your relationship to SOS Well Services, whether visitor, client, vendor, or otherwise, you may request a summary of what data we have collected from and about you and/or your company. Depending on the nature of the relationship, compilation of that summary may take a few business days or more.
If the requested data review uncovers incorrect information, you may ask that we correct it. Especially in the case of our clients, it is in our best interest to retain current, correct, and complete records.
If you wish to have your contact information removed from our systems and from our vendors' systems, you may issue a request. Certain information, like invoice history and other accounting-related data, will be retained according to accepted accounting practices, as our official financial records. Website server and database backups may be retained for a month or more, as applicable for disaster recovery or discovery purposes. Information subject to special retention circumstances will be described in the requested summary.
As follow-up to a request for removal of your information, we will provide a summary of information we deleted and from where it was deleted. Note that SaaS providers may observe differing retention periods and policies.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is considered a "living document" and is subject to change. We may update it over time to reflect changes in our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons.
Effective date: September 1, 2019